Candace Bushnell is one of my favorite influencers in fashion, relationships, career and in life. She had an idea and created an opportunity for so many women. She is the creator and mastermind behind "Sex and the City". Candace sat down and spoke to an audience, explaining her idea behind her books and her advice on being different...and doing YOU. Powerful message.
My top five lessons from what I learned from Candace and her books are:
1. Find something or someone to imitate but also to learn from.
2. Create an idea and stick to it, even if you don't believe in it right away - you have to convince others to.
3. Be yourself...find out who you are. Whether you fail or succeed right away, your best experiences help mold the person you're suppose to become.
4. Challenge yourself. Keep moving forward no matter how many doors close on your way through life. That one door that opens will be the best thing to ever happen to you.
5. Just think about it. If you're unsure of what you want to do or how you want to start your career. Look for ideas and think about what makes you happy, what makes sense and even what you feel is missing. Sooner or later that "idea" will come to you.